We are all set to go… Shoreham Bonfire 2015
It has been a busy old day, and just a bit windy, but we are already for the 2015 Shoreham Bonfire and Fireworks and we look forward to you all joining us soon.
So here’s just a reminder of what’s happening:
KEY TIMINGS FOR THE DAY…
• The build up to the Procession starts from 6pm on Shoreham Beach Green. The Beach Bateria Samba Band will be playing and HEART FM Angels will be there too
• The Procession will leave Beach Green at 6.30pm behind HM Coastguard, the Samba Band and our procession leader, local schoolboy Charlie Ferrier
• The Bonfire will be lit around 6.30-45pm
• The Samba Band finale will be followed by a couple of short announcements before our Big Countdown to the Fireworks led by local schoolgirl Daisy Adhangale
• The fireworks display will be between 7.15pm and 7.30pm
• At the end of the fireworks The Shoreham Allstars guitar orchestra (Guitarchestra) will be performing, from their stage next to the Church Hall, a moving track that was created in the week following the Shoreham Airshow tragedy.
• This will be followed by performances from more of the talented young musicians of Shoreham Allstars (performers can be seen on their event page)
• A children’s tea cup ride is next to the Church
• Children’s face painting is taking place in the Church Hall
• The Church of the Good Shepherd is open to visitors
• Our local HM Coastguard and the Fire Service teams (subject to call outs) will be present, do go and say hello
• Food and drink is available opposite the Church
OTHER USEFUL INFORMATION:
• Toilets are available at Beach Green (until 8pm) and at the Church Hall
• All timings are subject to change but if you follow us on Facebook, Twitter or our blog you will know everything that you need to
• See our website for information about travel / parking / map / First Aid points etc
PLEASE GIVE GENEROUSLY TO OUR BUCKET COLLECTION & CHESTNUT TREE HOUSE
This is a non –profit making event and requires your support to make it happen. Thanks to our sponsors we are not only raising money to pay for the event but also, for the first time, to give money to Chestnut Tree House, so the more we can raise the more we can give them.
There will be bucket collectors in the crowd and some well marked collection points on the main routes.
Our bucket collectors will have red/yellow buckets clearly displaying Chestnut Tree House and Shoreham Bonfire. They will also be wearing Accreditation and Hi-Vis jackets.
We are also delighted to say the 3rd Shoreham Sea Scouts and Advebats Explorers will be collecting with our official buckets too, so look out for them.
Thanks to our main sponsors Fitzhugh Gates, Dennis Watkins & Co, as well as our other supporters including: Shoreham Port, Jonathan Marshall Stocktaker, Beach Hut Studio Web Design and Marketing, RT Maintenance, Shore Nostalgia and The Shoreham Allstars
We look forward to seeing you tomorrow.